Friday, June 3, 2011

Kitcheny Windows

Our rental kitchen needed some 'kitcheny' window treatments, so I came up with these. 


The white in the rental house felt a little stark to me at first. We are allowed to paint but most of ceilings in the house are very high so we have only done an accent wall in the playroom and in the girl's room. After living here for almost four months though I am starting to see the white walls as part of a really good challenge. Sometimes paint can seem like decorating and styling but it really isn't. 

The rocking chair and little Ikea table seem to be working there for now so I am leaving them alone even if they are a little odd. It is so nice to have a place for Ava to sit while I am cooking or a place to feed and rock Lilly while Ava has her afternoon snack. 



Sewing details: I ordered two yards of an Amy Butler fabric called 'Lotus Pond Tangerine' from and eBay seller. I even lined the back with some unbleached cotton I had that I pieced together, which made the valances so much nicer. They were so easy - well except that for some reason when I did the top seam I let it get all crazy and then I waited a week or so before ripping the top seams and re-stitching them (ugh). If you want more of a tutorial let me know - but really you can easily sew a rectangle!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails