Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Jane Austen Education & Summer Books

A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter


One thing I have been doing with my non-working life is trying to read a lot more. My long term goal is a book a week. Which honestly I could have done just as easily when working but I never felt like I had the mental space I guess for lots of reading and opted instead for TV when the girls were in bed. I have been working with BlogHer as a book reviewer as part of their new book club. It is pretty cool!

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks


Most recently for BlogHer I have reviewed A Jane Austen Education - click over and check it out! I really felt like the book tied together so many things for me in regard to why Austen is so enchanting.


My husband is reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (thanks Pattie!) and I can't wait till he is done with it. I am dying to read The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Volume I: The Pox Party. I walked into Barnes and Noble today and just glancing over their summer reading table mad me feel like I have been missing out on so much reading!

What are you reading?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails