Monday, February 7, 2011

The Playroom

So the rental house is large, 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms large. There is the master bedroom and a huge bedroom over the garage but then two small front rooms. I guess this is pretty much the way it is with newer houses. My girl's just had too much furniture (did I ever mention Joe works for a furniture company) to fit the two front rooms and the bedroom over the garage was so cool! So I put them both upstairs together and used the decor from Lilly's room to make a playroom downstairs. I totally love having the playroom. Ava still brings toys into the living room but mostly they stay corralled in one super fun area. Especially nice when she has friends and cousins visiting! I picked it up some and took the pics below. Even though I will say that when playing alone Ava is pretty tidy with her things. However, add one other person and they totally destroy the room. Good thing it is pretty easy to clean up! Ava spends a lot of time in this room and she has all kinds of cute little habits - it is like her little world. 
---------------------------------------
The Playroom


The first thing you should know is that there is a dress code. 


 Second, you must thoroughly enjoy your imaginary cup of hot tea (the hostess is offering you) or you will not be allowed to play. You might have to enjoy six or seven cups. 


 Every single time you enter the room you must walk over to the 'monkey jungle ball thing' and put at minimum three balls in the spiral. 


 You only read books in the tent. 


Finally, and most importantly, you have to be very, very silly. 

-------------------------------------


 My favorite part of the playroom is the closet where I can put all of the things that need to be played with one at a time like puzzles, games, play dough etc.  The large clear bins from Ikea roll and stack! Three of them have baby toys in them. When Ava was little I would just pull one out for a few days and when she lost interest in the toys in it I would just put it up and pull out another one.

Where do you put your kid's toys?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails