Tuesday, July 6, 2010

7 Years of Marriage

Today my husband and I are celebrating 7 years of marriage.

I think that the first few years are hard for everyone -  real marriage is complicated and raw and full of trials. No matter how long you have dated before-hand there is something about 'forever' that intensifies everything. Also, if you are only 21 and 22 then you also have a lot of growing up to do together. Joe Lane and I really love each other - we really do. 


We BOTH inspire each other to work harder and be better and push forward through all the tough stuff. The longer we are married I can see that I need his personality as much as he needs mine. I can be demanding and very goal oriented and he is always there letting me have my moments, crossing things off my perpetual list, working very hard and never regretting a minute of it.  This year we have worked on being more thankful and having more goodwill toward others - which is so key to anyone's happiness but really important in a marriage. Joe leads Little Ava, who is by far the best and most important thing we have ever done, in asking blessings for every single person in our extended family before bed every night and I swear he is just amazing with her. 



 So cheers to many more years! 

I can't stop listening to this song (ignore how extremely country it is and listen to the words ;) 


"Be your best friend, tell the truth, over use 'I Love Yous', go to work, do your best, never let your praying knees get lazy and love like crazy."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails