Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A New Skirt I made and some easy, quick, free sewing patterns

First, I really wanted to find some patterns to make that were easy and quick! The first one I found was this skirt from Oliver + S. I couldn't use the selvedge for the interior seams since I was making it for a 22 month old and that would have been huge so i used the selvedge for the bottom hem instead and cut the piece based on where I wanted it to fall on Ava. You only need 1/4 yard or even less for a toddler skirt.

My first try - which is sometimes a wash - turned out pretty good. It is a little big, but cute because Ava doesn't have any long skirts - her shirt is pretty big too actually. I could totally rig up one of these for myself - oh, oh or a tiny matching one for Lilly!





Here are a few other patterns I think look very, very easy - 

Popover Sundress from Oliver + S

32 minute messanger bag from Amy Smart via a guest post on Design Mom

Fabric Flowers from the Idea Room

Adding a Ruffle to a Hoodie from the Idea Room

Ruffle Butt Onesie from Ucreate

Vintage Baby Hankie Dress or baby shirt from Trey and Lucy (omgosh so adorable, so easy!)







blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails