Thursday, February 11, 2010

Simple DIY Home Makeover Week: Casters Make Everything Better


Project 4 – Casters Make Everything Better
So I have a belief: cool casters make most furniture better. You name it - dresser, table, sofa - it can be improved if you have 10 minutes and some cool casters. 
Fruit Crate on Wheels
(magazine holder or in our home baby push toy)
Coffee-Table Turned Play Table on Wheels 
(will post a how-to on this table next week - it has a cool surprise in the top)
I Have a Bunch of These Clear Casters Just Waiting Around for the Right Project
www.Rockler.com is a good source for unique casters and www.NorthernTool.com is a good source for cheap casters. We get ours from various places for cheap. I buy cool knobs and casters on clearance and stock pile them until I find a use for them.  Finding clear or colored casters is exciting! If I wasn't driving to South Carolina right now I would run into our guest room and grab a photo of the blue wool chair we have with pewter casters on the feet. But, I guess you'll just have to believe me -  it is pretty great. 

Another cool thing about casters is they change the height of things. For example, the play table above needed to be a tad taller and those casters were perfect for that. Plus my toddler can now drag a large white coffee table around the house - awesome ;)
Check out all the projects in this week-long feature category by clicking here.
Want More Caster Inspiration?
Apartment Therapy Caster Roundup















































West Elm 'Castered' Book Shelf Via My Little Happy Place



Do you have casters on anything awesome?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails