Monday, February 8, 2010

Comfort Food

Comfort food for me is simple and rich. Here are my favorites! Maybe you will be inspired to run into the kitchen and whip up a cream sauce or a batch of cookies ;) We have been making this stuff all weekend! 

Homemade Mac and Cheese 
Just mix up a thick sauce with whole milk, cheese, butter, salt/pepper, & flour. Pour over Pasta - yum! 


Ice Cream
Every since I was pregnant with Ava I have had this addiction to Chocolate Brownie ice cream - even on Weight Watchers I would save points for ice cream every night :)

Homemade Nestle Toll House Cookies

Olive Garden's Fettucini Alfredo and Bread sticks 
Even better if you get it as take-out so can enjoy all the creamy goodness in your cozy home.

Homemade Bread with Dipping Sauce or Rich Spread
Even bread machine bread is homemade enough for me. Top with flavored butter, apple butter, or homemade jams or Dip in seasoned oil with kosher salt. 

Brownies
They have to be just the right, perfect, fudgey brownies though. 

O.K. lets have it - what is your go to comfort food?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails