Wednesday, February 24, 2010

best pregnancy journal - for your 18 month old ;)

So tonight I have been working on my pregnancy journal from Ava - ha! funny right? I have to finish it before I can move on to her baby book. Surprisingly, I actually wrote quite a bit in it and then I typed a lot of things in emails to friends and family that I printed and I saved a bunch of scraps and threw it all into a big pretty box and that was it. Now I am on a mission to get it all sorted out and it is actually really fun, I saved a bunch of stuff - funny lists, magazine clippings, etc.

The one thing I wish I recorded and thought I had but I guess not was my weight gain and loss each appointment - weird right? I could fill the entire book with clippings of nursery room ideas though!

My book was very good and colorful and the prompts were pretty good, even though I still stapled and glued tons of my own stuff over most of the pages. I had the 'Maternity Record Book' by PepperPot.


All I have left to do is to print some pictures and more emails and use my handy glue dots to stick them in! Not bad for something I started in Nov. 2007 ;)

I would add that I had The Pregnancy Journal: A Day-to-Day Guide to a Healthy and Happy Pregnancy - and I really didn't like it. It was a lot more a book about being pregnant with some journal prompts in it than a big scrapbook that will make a nice keepsake in the end for the child as an adult. So that is something to consider when shopping for this item - do you want something more medical or something more truly journal like - or both maybe!

I am not even going to ask if my friends (who are mostly reading this) had a journal or which one was their favorite because we all know you think I am crazy and of course you didn't! But if you are a person browsing the web or a casual reader and you like me have a big fat pregnancy journal that you loved or didn't love will you please share which one and why? Thanks!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails